DSMT partnership with the Dar El Tifl School and Orphanage, East Jerusalem
The Dominic Simpson Memorial Scholarship Fund
Established in 2007 and administered in partnership with ANERA (American Near East Refugee Aid), the fund is helping girls to pursue their educational aspirations at this excellent school that can now no longer afford to subsidise all the education and living costs for its growing number of disadvantaged pupils.
The DSMT has funded to date:
- Between 2007 – 2014, three scholarships a year to support able and committed girls for the last two years of schooling who may otherwise have to leave without securing their school leaving qualifications.
- In 2009-10 four scholarships for younger girls who have lost their fathers.
- Three higher education scholarship to enable a former pupil to study at university.
“It means (Dar al-Tifl) a lot to all of us (my sisters, and my friends who were also there). We girls from Dar al-Tifl are like a society. A society of sisters. We can be away from each one for years, and when we meet, it is as if we were together yesterday. We share many memories, and love and support each other as much as we can. We think that we are different and unique because we were there, in Dar al-Tifl, and think that the minute we meet, is like meeting a sister your parents did not bring to the world, it was Dar al-Tifl who brought her to the world.” Soraida (past student)
The DSMT is very grateful to Abraaj Capital, Dubai, for their generous contributions to the scholarship fund in 2007, 2008 and 2010.
Click on the following to view more about the individual scholarships:
- 2007-09 scholarship girls
- 2008-10 scholarship girls
- 2009-11 scholarship girls
- 2010-12 scholarship girls
- 2011-13 scholarship girls
- DSMT-Abraaj scholarships
- Higher Education scholarships